The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius offers timeless guidance for a turbulent world.
- Like us, Roman Emperor and philosopher Marcus Aurelius lived through a world-altering pandemic: the Antonine Plague that devastated ancient Rome.
- Renowned for his principled leadership, Aurelius kept private notes detailing his philosophy on life and leadership.
- This is a collection of those private notes, filled with insights on responding well to hardship both in thought and in action.
- His writings are a cornerstone of the Stoic philosophy, embraced by leaders throughout history and across the world for their emphasis on collaboration, rationality, and striving for the good of all people.
- ''Motions and changes are continually renewing the world, just as the uninterrupted course of time is always renewing the infinite duration of ages.''--Marcus Aurelius
- George Long's elegant 1862 translation balances accessibility with preserving the classic tone of the text.
- With archival printing, this pocket-sized edition is designed for both portability and longevity.
- Hardcover gift volume with dust jacket makes an ideal addition to any home or office library.
- 64 pages.
- Book measures 4-1/2'' wide x 7-1/2'' high.