This elegant journal replicates a gilded lacquer 19th-century bookbinding crafted for an illuminated Persian manuscript. The original lacquer work design was created with delicate layers of paint, a coating of shellac which was then carefully sanded to a shine, and subtle applications of gold leaf.
- Our reproduction is embellished with eye-catching iridescent highlights.
- Raised embossing adds dimensional detail.
- Gilded-gold page edging.
- Matching spine treatment.
- Inside, 160 lightly lined writing pages provide plenty of space in which to write personal reflections or record favorite quotations or poems.
- Smooth-finish pages takes a variety of pens beautifully.
- Acid-free archival-quality paper helps preserve your writing.
- An elegant ribbon bookmark keeps your place.
- Complementary interior endsheets.
- Durable hardcover binding.
- Journal measures 6-1/4'' wide x 8-1/4'' high.