What makes a bird a bird?
- All birds have feathers, wings, and beaks.
- But birds come in many varieties of colors, shapes, and sizes, with different habits and homes.
- Take a beautifully illustrated journey -- with an adorable kiwi bird as your guide -- through the vast and colorful world of birds, with its tapestry of textures, sounds, and sights.
- Even the kiwi chick -- who struggles to see at first how he fits in -- finds that he too belongs to this fascinating family of feathered friends.
- 32-page full-color picture book with dust jacket.
- Sturdy hardcover binding.
- Picture book measures 8-3/4'' wide x 11-1/4'' high.
Author/illustrator David Opie holds a BFA and MFA in illustration and lives with his wife in Connecticut.