This stunning journal is a reproduction of an intricate page at the beginning of St. Luke's Gospel in the Lindisfarne Gospels, an illuminated manuscript by Eadfrith, bishop of the island of Lindisfarne in northern England, around the year 700.
- Considered a great masterpiece of medieval European book production, the art combines Celtic and Germanic styles . . . let it inspire your own writing!
- 192 lightly lined pages provide plenty of space for personal reflection, sketching, or jotting down favorite quotes or poems.
- Smooth-finish, acid-free archival paper takes pen or pencil beautifully.
- Touches of gold foil illuminate the cover design.
- Raised embossing lends dimensional detailing.
- Comes with a satin ribbon marker with which to keep your place.
- A classic feature: gilded-gold page edging.
- Journal is a larger size: 7-1/4 inches wide by 9 inches high.
- Matching endsheets complement the design.