Let this sleek Little Black Book of Boston take you through the very best ''Beantown'' has to offer, from historic sites to new landmarks, from the arts scene to high-end shopping, from buzz-worthy nightclubs to walkable Downtown. Cambridge, suburbs, and excursions outside Boston are covered, too!
- Color-coded, numbered entries in the text are keyed to full-color neighborhood maps in each chapter.
- A city map inside front cover shows you where each neighborhood is located.
- 11 fold-out maps, including 8 Boston neighborhood maps, a map of attractions in Boston's suburbs, an area ''Excursions'' map, and a MBTA Boston transportation map.
- ''Top Picks'' direct you to not-to-be-missed attractions.
- Full-color spot illustrations throughout liven the text.
- ''Notes'' pages let you record your own discoveries.
- 4-1/4 inches wide by 5-3/4 inches high (10.8 cm wide by 14.6 cm high).
- Elastic band attached to back cover keeps your place or keeps book closed.
- Concealed wire-o hardcover binding; book lies flat for ease of use.
- ''Black Book'' travel guide format doesn't look ''touristy.''
- Author Maria T. Olia is a freelance travel writer based in Boston.