With user-friendly fold-out maps and insider tips, this hip Little Black Book of San Francisco walks you through the best the City by the Bay has to offer. From Fisherman's Wharf and Alcatraz to Chinatown, Haight-Ashbury, the Castro, and beyond, here's all you need to know about what to see and do, and where to eat, drink, shop, and stay in the gem of a town known for natural beauty and cosmopolitan flair.
- Color-coded, numbered entries in the text are keyed to full-color neighborhood maps in each chapter.
- A city map inside front cover shows you where each neighborhood is located.
- 10 fold-out maps, including 9 neighborhood maps and a San Francisco transportation map.
- ''Top Picks'' direct you to not-to-be-missed attractions.
- Full-color spot illustrations throughout liven the text.
- ''Notes'' pages let you record your own discoveries.
- 4-1/4 inches wide by 5-3/4 inches high (10.8 cm wide by 14.6 cm high).
- Elastic band attached to back cover keeps your place or keeps book closed.
- Concealed wire-o hardcover binding; book lies flat for ease of use.
- ''Black Book'' travel guide format doesn't look ''touristy.''
- Local author Marlene Goldman is a freelance travel writer and journalist.