Learn how to illuminate your writing like the scribes of the past!
Jane Sullivan is a Medieval-style illuminator and fantasy artist. Her other works include guides to illuminated lettering, calligraphy, and drawing fairies and other fantastical beings.
- Bring letters to life with plant and animal motifs, swirling vines and leaves, graceful arabesques and flourishes, fantastical imagery, and more.
- Draw creatures cavorting across the page as Gothic illuminators did, or create the knotwork seen in famous Celtic manuscripts.
- Step-by-step tutorials, tips for creating striking effects, and blank letterforms you can illuminate yourself make this the perfect modern-day guide to the medieval art of beautiful writing.
- Includes an elegant spring-green ribbon bookmark with which to keep your place.
- 160 pages.
- 6-1/4 inches wide by 8-1/4 inches high.