''These stubborn sheep,'' the farmer sighs,
''won?t open up their sleepy eyes.
But I know how to wake this crowd.
I?ll make some noise and make it loud.''
From pounding on pots and pans to playing a screechy violin, Farmer Simpson makes all sorts of commotion to wake up his flock of sleepy sheep, but nothing works!
Bruce Arant brings his sheep back into the fold in this sequel to the award-winning Simpson?s Sheep Won?t Go to Sleep! Prior to becoming a full-time writer and illustrator, Arant enjoyed a career of nearly 20 years in the magazine and custom publishing industry, where he held a variety of editorial and creative positions. He lives in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Then Farmer Simpson gets a brilliant idea -- he decides to bring home a puppy who will surely be able to wake the snoozing sheep with its loud barks.
- But the farmer is in for a surprise -- his sheep wake up, but not in ways he expected!
- Author and illustrator Bruce Arant presents a tender tale about the virtues of using a gentle nudge when friends won?t budge.
- 32 pages.
- 8-3/4 inches wide by 11-1/4 inches high.
- Full-color illustrations throughout.
- Hardcover picture book with dust jacket.