The year is still new. Is your resolution to eat light! Then try this recipe for Baked Halibut with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette from The Fish House in Stanley Park as featured in The Eat Light Recipe Journal.
Baked Halibut with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
4 six-ounce fresh halibut fillets*
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
2 cloves garlic, cut in half
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
1 cup tomatoes, diced fine
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper.
3. Lightly oil a baking dish and place the halibut in the dish, without overlapping the pieces. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the fish is opaque all the way through.
4. While the fish is baking, make the vinaigrette. Combine the lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spear garlic on the tines of a fork and use it to beat the lemon juice mixture.
6. Beat in the olive oil, and then stir in the basil and tomatoes. Discard the garlic.
7. Place the halibut on heated plates, spoon the vinaigrette on top, and serve.
Notes: Requires food processor, food mill. *You can use any fish with this vinaigrette, and it also goes well with prawns or scallops.
Image credit ©HLPhoto used under license from Shutterstock.com