Mardi Gras season is here, celebrate with a hearty meal before you cut into the King Cake! Enjoy this and other "Fat Tuesday"-worthy recipes from our vintage cookbook, The ABC of Casseroles.
Mardi Gras Creole Pork Chops
Makes 6 servings
6 loin pork chops
Salt and pepper
3/4 cup uncooked rice
2 cups canned tomato sauce
2 onions, sliced
1. Select large loin chops, one chop per serving.
2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper, and place in a shallow baking dish.
3. Place 2 tablespoons rice on top of each chop. Cover with tomato sauce.
4. Cover and cook in a 350-degree oven for 1 hour. Add sliced onions, which have been fried to a light golden color.
5. Uncover and cook 30 minutes longer.
Need a little something on the side? How about Annette's Alabama Cornbread!
Interested in some more appetizing recipes? Download the entire ebook to your reader:
Image © a9photo / Shutterstock.com