Create your own fleet of fantastic planes -- from the Secret Mission to the Striker -- to take off right in your own home! Pop out the paper shapes and follow the step-by-step illustrated instructions to create 24 of the coolest airplanes you've ever seen. Then, send them soaring! Paper Craft Airplanes offers hours of creative fun!
- Includes 24 brightly colored, cleverly themed flight-ready paper planes.
- Just punch out the shapes, fold, and tape or glue.
- Sturdy paper is perforated and scored for convenience. No cutting necessary!
- Areas to be taped or glued are marked and numbered, so construction is a snap.
- Easy suggestions for getting each unique plane to fly as high and far as possible!
- Simple tips for paper craft projects.
- Display the eye-catching planes on a shelf when they're not zipping through the air.
- A great family activity!
Artist Mary Beth Cryan is an award-winning illustrator who specializes in paper engineering.
MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW:
''As a child, everyone has tried their hand at making a simple paper airplane out of a single sheet of paper and seeing how far it would soar. What's less well known is that some folk never outgrew their delight with making paper airplanes that would fly farther and higher. Case in point -- Paper Craft Airplanes created and illustrated by Mary Beth Cryan. This hardcover and spiral bound (so as to lay out flat upon a table or counter top) book is a 100-page compendium comprised of 24 make-it-yourself paper airplane projects. Each wonderfully colorful project is complete with step-by-step instructions; sturdy paper that is perforated and scored making cutting unnecessary; as well as identified and numbered areas to be taped or glued. Of special note are the wealth of simple tips for paper craft projects and suggestions for getting each individual airplane to go as far and as high as possible! Thoroughly 'user friendly,' Paper Craft Airplanes is enthusiastically recommended for kids of all ages (and their fathers too!).